Heartstrings By Susette

Friday, October 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Kelly...Happy Day With Kambriella

If you really want to have a happy day,
you just need to hang out with Kambriella for an afternoon! :)
On Monday, October 15th, it would have been my brother Kelly's 41st birthday and it was also the 1st birthday we would have without him here...
My feelings were quite mixed on that morning when I woke up, and so as I prayed to Heavenly Father what it was that I should do that day, I felt very strongly that I needed to go and spend some time with my little girl doing things that we loved to do. So, after getting the kids off to school, Kambriella and I took off on a drive, not quite sure where we would end up...
 but I DID know that wherever it was, I would be with someone that I loved and that she would make me smile. :)
Kambriella and I ended up in Farmington where we knew of a couple of small hiking trails that were right by one of our favorite playgrounds...so needless to say,
we walked through the leaves holding hands, singing and talking, and laughing while we took a few pictures...(Kambriella loves to pose...she's so cute ;)
With this little sweetie by my side, I felt happy and at peace even with the thought of missing my brother and that I wouldn't get to call him today on his birthday...
I guess I just thought of him being out there with us on our little hike...
I think it's what he would have wanted to do with us on his birthday...
...then off to the park! :)
 
Thank you little Miss Kambriella for always making your mommy smile! I love you so much and am so lucky to have you in my life and to get to be your mom!
I think it's amazing how Heavenly Father knows each of us individually and what we need...
I love how when I need direction or help with something in my life, all I need to do is pray and ask Him and He will help guide my thoughts and actions to help me to be happy.
This day that could have been very hard emotionally turned out to be a beautiful day of peace, joy, and gratitude for so many blessings...but at the top of my list was gratitude for loved ones in my life both here on the earth and those that have gone on... I love you Kambriella!
...And I love and miss you Kelly. Happy Birthday. :)


No comments: