Heartstrings By Susette

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

On Saturday, September 22nd...I turned 36 years old!
All I wanted for my birthday was to spend the morning in God's country up in the mountains and breath the fresh air and be in the company of my very best friend. :)
We drove up the Little Cottonwood Canyon to a place called Cathryn's Pass which is where we began our hike...the view was amazing...such a perfect gift!
 
 
 
We headed up the trail with plenty of time for conversations and laughter as we set our destination for Lake Mary. The first part of the hike was up the one side of the mountain, and when we came to the top, we saw the first of 3 lakes we would get to see on the way...Lake Cathryn.
Then we passed other hikers who were happy to visit, take pictures and pause to catch a breath. :)
We also passed a group of scouts as we passed the second lake...Lake Martha.
Then, I almost felt like the little kid in me was coming out when we came to Lake Mary...like I had just opened up the best of all of my birthday presents... :)
Lake Mary was the biggest and most beautiful of the 3 lakes...and smooth as glass...
 
 
 
I was so happy to be a little selfish that day and go and do something that was so enjoyable to me...
Being out amongst the beauty of Heavenly Father's creations makes me feel happy, at peace, and oh so grateful for everything that testifies of Him. Couple that with this sweet husband of mine and you have one truly happy Birthday girl! ;)
 I love you Clint! Thanks for being a gift to me every single day!!! ;* Mwa! :* XOXOXO


No comments: