Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Peach Jam ~ YUMMY!

From the humble little tree...
To the basket...
...to the crazy, messy, fun of it in the kitchen...
 to the jars on the shelf!!!
Our very own yummy peach jam!
Last year I canned most of the peaches and only made a few jars of peach jam...
The jam was gone in the blink of an eye and the jars of peaches still linger...
Needless to say, my children begged that I make ONLY the jam this year and so that is what I did!
I am estimating that if I ration the jam, we might make it through half of the year before we run out...but if I leave Kierra alone with the jam...we may not make it to January!!! ;) (Just kidding Kierra!) But she really is the one that loves it the most! 
On toast, rolls, pancakes, and french toast... it's so yummy to have a sweet homemade treat in our food storage like Peach Jam! Thanks Gerry for teaching me how to make this! It is something that I can see will be a tradition for years to come! We love it :)


No comments: