The weekend of general conference is always a highlight of the year for our family, and this past weekend was no exception. In such unique circumstances as a world wide pandemic, and the Bicentennial celebration of Joseph Smith's First Vision, this conference was definitely memorable AND unforgettable!
But not only did the circumstances of the meeting make it memorable, the heartfelt time and preparation that our family put into spiritually preparing for the conference brought a spirit that was thick and tangible to my soul and I felt the spirit "prick" my heart multiple times. The "Spirit of God like a fire was burning" in my heart, and it still is today. I pray that it will forever remain and motivate me for good in living the gospel of Jesus Christ.
For the first time ever the Saturday evening session was not just for the men, or just for the women, but for the entire family! There were 2 youth speakers during that session, Laudy and Enzo, who did a fabulous job in representing our rising generation of youth and their strong testimonies of today.
The prophet also introduced a beautiful new symbol for the church with an image of the Savior in the center of it with loving and outstretched arms. It has already appeared on my gospel library app and I love seeing it!
We also received a new General Young Men's presidency, and President Nelson also invited the world to participate in yet another world wide fast this coming Friday, which is Good Friday during this week before Easter, for relief from the global pandemic of COVID-19. We held a fast for this with the entire church on March 29th, but relief is still needed and so we will petition the Lord again. I know that He can do all things whatsoever is needful and according to His will..
The Sunday morning session of conference included a worldwide Solemn Assembly with a Hosanna Shout. I found our families clean white handkerchiefs and purposely positioned myself at the back of the room in order to watch every member of my family wave their handkerchief, repeating the words of the shout, and letting the spirit fill my soul in reverence to Almighty God. I love Him and His Son, and this wonderful restored gospel of Jesus Christ!
Also, as a part of the Bicentennial celebration, President Nelson announced a new proclamation to the world: "The Restoration of the Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ." His words were piercing as he stood in the Sacred Grove in Palmyra, New York and read it to the world for the first time. I have been to the Sacred Grove myself and have a deep testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith, and as he read the proclamation my heart was filled with the spirit. Tears softly fell down my cheek and I thanked Heavenly Father for the witness to me of the prophet Joseph, AND the prophet Russell M. Nelson. They are one in purpose and one in the Lord.
And finally, a hinge point in the gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was definitely felt as President Nelson announced 8 new temples, particularly one in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and Shanghai, People's Republic of China. The gospel truly is going to all the world!!!
And, the 24th temple in Utah was also announced! We are so blessed to live in Zion!
I am so grateful for my testimony and membership in the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I truly love it with all my heart and it is the foundation for everything that is good in my life. The blessings that have come from it are both countless AND priceless, and as we experienced this spiritual feast of conference weekend, all of the stresses and worries of the world simply melted away and we rejoiced and gave thanks to our loving Heavenly Father for all that is good, and HE is good.
On Sunday after the conference was over and we shared a yummy dinner, we all headed outside for a walk in the fresh air...all 10 of us. :)
It felt so good to take in all that we experienced from the last few days, and to be surrounded with the sunshine of my life, all of the people that I hold closest to my heart.
We walked and talked and laughed and played and it was a good way to end such a wonderful weekend! Because what would I do without these people in my life?? They and my Savior are what make the gospel so meaningful in my life...
It is because of my Savior Jesus Christ and His restored gospel that I will get to be with my family for eternity, and THAT means everything to me.
I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life, all the good that comes from it, and that I get to walk the path back home with these people of mine. I am truly blessed and so grateful!















No comments:
Post a Comment