Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

We Continue to Laugh

We've been getting really good as a family at looking for bright spots in the coronavirus storm. :) We've actually been living in the light and it's still been such a good thing for our family. The other day Dallin was looking out the window and said, "Mom, look at how pretty the mountains look! It's like they are glowing!"
Yep! Another bright spot in "the storm." :)

As a relief society president at this time, I too am looking for ways to "watch over" our little flock, and although these are different times, I can see the good that is coming in so many ways, especially how families are becoming stronger and relying more on each other. Most moms are busy being school teachers from home and are busy just taking care of their own.
We decided as a presidency that we could use this "emoji emotion chart" to quickly assess the state of our sisters without taking too much time away from them and their families.We are texting this chart to them, and if they want to talk, we can, but if not, they can quickly respond to us with a quick "click"...
I hope it works.
If I could use the emoji emotion chart to describe THIS sight that I saw in my home, it would be rows and rows of the smiling face that is crying tears of laughter!!! ;) ;) ;)
While Kierra and Riley were here, Kierra decided to try on all of her old prom dresses, and that little cutie could still fit into those tiny things!
I just never expected what I saw when I walked in the room and found that Riley decided to try on her dresses too!
This was quite a sight for my eyes ;) and brought lots of smiles and laughter, even and especially for the little sister onlookers! ;)
So grateful to have had these sweeties here in our home and for the blessing they are in our family, even from afar.
So grateful to be able to weather the storms of life with these people that I love SO much!

No comments: