This year the Trickett family Spring Fling and annual Easter egg hunt was made possible by the blessing of technology! Because of the COVID-19 pandemic and "stay at home" orders, we didn't gather at Clint's parents like usual, but instead, we all used Zoom and held a virtual egg hunt!
Clint won the $50 golden egg, but the best thing of all, was having all 9 of the siblings and Jim and Gerry all "in" the same room at the same time! The whole family hasn't been able to be together in years, but through the blessing of technology, we now know we can do it at anytime. I consider this to be one of the "silver linings" to the pandemic "storm." There will always be something good, even through the hard times.
Saturday morning also brought the Easter Bunny!!! He always visits our house the day before Easter and the kids love it! They set their baskets out in their rooms the night before, and then in the morning, they run through the house trying to find them. This year the Easter bunny had them hid good! ;)
The girls both got new Easter dresses in their baskets, and the boys all got new ties. They also got t-shirts and books, and stuffed bunny dolls, chap stick, eggs, and candy galore!
It was Easton's first Easter and he got some cute new bibs, a sun hat, treats, and a new Jumper!
It was so fun to watch him exploring his new toy and trying to figure out what to do next. :)
This was also the day that Kierra and Riley were heading home after staying for 3 weeks for a visit! It was such a fun time having them here, another "silver lining" for us for sure. And although I hated to see them go, I know I have to let them, and they are happy in their own life they are building together.
I just had to be sure that Easton got his very first Easter Bunny from his Lolli and Pops! Lucky for me, I had bought this bunny months ago from the Lolli and Pops candy store before all of this craziness happened and before all of the stores were closed...
I knew I wanted him to have it to play with, snuggle with, drool on, and to remember us by.
I love my family, I have LOVED having them all together for the past few weeks, and I have loved this week long Easter celebration! I have felt so much love from my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ, and I know that they smile on us when we are celebrating these things that matter most...I feel their blessing and approval all around me, but especially through the love of my family. XOXOXOXO













No comments:
Post a Comment