My baby girl Kesslyn is growing up all too fast.
Last night, out of the blue, she made me a "birthday card" and present.
I watched her (without her knowing of course) ask different family members to help her retrieve certain items..."Kierra, can you reach that gift bag for me?" and "Daddy, come here..." walking into my bedroom closet "secretly"...;)
She had made me a beautiful "birthday card", wrote her name on the gift bag, cut little pieces of paper and string and tied on a little gift tag that said from "Kesslyn," and added a large boxed Hershey Kiss for my treat.
Watching her smile with satisfaction as I praised her creativity and talent, she "let me" kiss her and hug her, and then she opened the kiss and ate the whole thing! ;)
(She did try sharing it with me, but it was just too hard to break in two, so I told her she could have it. :)
She was quite happy with that. :)
She is a sweet blessing and a gift in my life, and my heart is happy and sad all at the same time for how much she is growing up! Being a mother is a blessing and something I have always enjoyed.
Thank goodness I signed up for the job that lasts for eternity!!
Happy Conference Weekend!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment