Clint and I took our family and extended our anniversary celebration into the 4th of July weekend and ventured down to Escalante Utah. We decided this would be a fun adventure since we had never been there before, and boy were we right! What an amazing 4 days we had! :)
We left Salt Lake at 2:00 pm and arrived in Torrey at 6:00 for our dinner reservation at La Cueva Mexican restaurant where I enjoyed the BEST vegetarian burrito I have ever tasted!
The food was delicious and loved by all! (Especially the sopapillas drizzled in honey and cinnamon and topped with vanilla ice-cream...as shown by Kesslyn...;)
Carew brought along his girlfriend Kara which was a delight. The more we are around her, the better we get to know her and love her, especially the kids.
We saw some breathtakingly beautiful views on the way to our cabin, and already the trip was worth it for me. I loved driving through the beautiful country side and into the mountains, seeing the cattle roaming free, and encountering mountains and valleys so high and deep, and once again seeing how much the beauties of nature testify of a loving God.
We rolled into our cabin around 10 pm got settled in and called it a night.
What adventures awaited us in the morning! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment