Happy 26th anniversary my love!!!
I often have to pinch myself to the reality of the life that Clint and I have built and loved together with our Savior Jesus Christ by our side. We have experienced so many of the milestones, blessings, and trials that mortality and family life can bring, but with a resounding abundance of ALL that is good, we have felt happy in this life together every single day.
When the Spirit whispered to my you young heart almost 30 years ago that I would marry this man, I was surprised, stunned...and GRATEFUL.
He spoils me rotten, loves me so much, makes me feel so beautiful, and treats me like a queen.
Last night he had planned a "surprise" date for us. (I say "surprise" because he is so cute and can NEVER keep his surprises, so I knew exactly where we were going...;)
We checked in to our hotel downtown at the Grand America. It is beautiful! Grand is the perfect word to describe it too.
This was the view from our balcony.
It was a beautiful day.
And of course we had to capture pictures in our masks because after all, we are celebrating this anniversary amid a world wide pandemic you know.
I DO NOT like wearing masks.
But with the recent spike in cases in Utah, Salt Lake County, where we reside, has made it mandatory to wear them in public areas. So, we want to be good citizens and wear them when it's necessary.
Even though every time I wear it I feel like I might hyperventilate and become very claustrophobic.
Thank goodness we did not have to wear them once we were inside and seated at our dinner table.
Clint took me to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and the food was DIVINE.
We are so much alike that we chose to order the exact same meals, and drinks, like we always do...It's true. We truly "get" each other, how we think, how we feel, and even what we crave and when!!
THAT"S how much alike we are. ;)
We enjoyed petite filets with grilled shrimp, honey bacon brussel sprouts, shoestring fries, fresh bread, classic Coke, and 2 complimentary desserts because it was our anniversary!
We ordered peanut butter pie and caramelized banana cream pie!
We ate half there and brought the rest home to enjoy tonight for part 2 of our anniversary date. :)
When we arrived back at our hotel we walked around the gardens admiring all of the beautiful things there.
We also admired the beautiful building and all of the details that went into making it. I really felt special being able to stay there for a night.
I'm grateful for a husband who loves me and loves being with me. He is my beat friend and I love that he looks for opportunities to show me that love. I'm also grateful for a husband who honors his priesthood, loves serving his family, and takes the time to share those thoughts with me through prayer to our Heavenly Father.
As I gt ready to leave this morning, I stood in the bathroom putting on my make up and combing my hair while he pulled up a conference talk from our sweet prophet. We listened to it, talked about it, and he shared his love for President Nelson with me too. His prayer after was full of love too and I once again was so grateful to be married to this man. We share a life full of blessings and love.
And I'm so happy.
And grateful.
I love you Clint James Trickett.
It's been an awesome 26 years!













No comments:
Post a Comment