Heartstrings By Susette

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Just the Boys

This morning, these 3 brothers, along with our good family fiend Pierce Schouten, headed out on their first ever "boys only" overnight camping adventure. They filled their backpacks with everything they will need to survive out in the wilderness for the next 4 days!
My momma heart couldn't help but worry about letting them go (even though I had prayed about it and felt good about them going.) I know these boys are good, and are growing up, and are capable of doing "hard things" but that doesn't mean that I like it! ;) 
I think that the hardest part for me was putting all of my faith and trust in them to watch over little Gavin. :)
But they are best friends, and I know that they will do great. I'm certain they will come home with some amazing and adventurous stories to tell! 
(And if they really aren't that great, they will be sure to add to them and make them sound great anyways. ;)
Originally they had wanted to go and hike Coyote Gulch. But with temperatures reaching 115 degrees, they decided that would be a hike for another day. Instead they decided on hiking the Uintah's up to Granddaddy Lake.
We went to Scheel's and bought tons of supplies for them, and hopefully if things go as they plan, they will have a successful trip and desire to go out again and again.Then all of these tools will be good investments for more future bonding time.;)
These are again some of the "wholesome recreational activities" talked about in the Family Proclamation to the World." I love that my kids love to be together and that they are best friends.
I know as they grow too that they will only become better and better friends as well.
I also feel like by letting them go and learn how to do some of these "hard things" on their own, that I am helping them to prepare for their future missions and being away from home.
It's a hard thing that these kids have to do, and I am grateful that they are brave and strong and prepared for this time here on the earth...this crazy, crazy time.
(And THAT is why we got a picture in our masks at the store!)
Life during a pandemic.
Crazy!

No comments: