Last Saturday I woke up with a certain person on my mind...Kaitlyn Tuttle. She is a former young woman of mine and it was her birthday.
Kaitlyn has had multiple surgeries and problems with her feet along the course of her life with her latest surgery being this past summer. When I said my prayers that morning I asked Heavenly Father what I could do for Kaitlyn that would make her feel extra special, and the thought came to me, "Take her to the Walking Comfort store and buy her some new shoes for her birthday!"
So, I texted her, she responded with such excitement, and later that day we went shopping together.
After some work and encouragement from the lady working there at the store, we ended up finding not one, but two pairs of shoes for Kaitlyn! (And she only owns one pair that she can fit her orthotics into so we were ecstatic! :) I also went home and ordered the shoes online that were her favorites, but that they didn't have in her size in the store.
Kaitlyn, her mom Diane, and I all had a great time laughing (and even crying because they were so happy and grateful) in the store, and now Kaitlyn has a black, a grey, and a white pair of comfy and cute shoes instead of just her one pair of black shoes.
It may not seem like much to some people, but I know that this was a special thing for Kaitlyn. I know what it feels like to have feet that always hurt, and I also know how important it is for a girl to feel cute and confident too...This was such a great way for me to show Kaitlyn that she is special and for her to have something that she daily can feel good about.
I love having opportunities to help Heavenly Father with the work of loving "the one" whoever that may be.
It's different every day, :)
Also, I had to include this picture in my post because this same Saturday morning I had gone out for a run and as I rounded the corner I actually stopped in my tracks because I saw something so beautiful...
The picture doesn't do it justice because the camera can't capture all that the human eye can, but this bridge that I had to cross looked as though it was paved in diamonds!!! :)
It was SO sparkly and shiny that I honestly felt taken back at what I was seeing.
I felt like Heavenly Father had said to me, "Good morning my princess!"
"Thank you for all you try to do to help others as you walk the earth on your mortal journey together. I love you." It's amazing how special I felt over something so simple as a frosty, snow covered bridge...
I saw it as a diamond road, which is exactly how I see this life. Cold and slippery at times, yes...but what an amazing view I have had walking this path of life with my eternal companion and family by my side.


No comments:
Post a Comment