Heartstrings By Susette

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

So Many Reasons to #givethanks

Recently our sweet prophet Russell M. Nelson invited the world to experiment with using gratitude as a healing balm for so many hard things in life right now. He addressed the world with a 13 minute message full of gratitude, love, and hope and challenged all of us to use social media to flood the internet with good, and then to pray to God in gratitude daily. 
I have always known this gift of gratitude to be true and to work miracles in our lives. I believe that people who are truly grateful to God for the good in their lives, are really the truly happy people in the world.
I feel so blessed for so many wonderful gifts in my life, and I thank Heavenly Father every day for these good gifts, and recognize that everything good in my life is from Him.
After all, how can you wake up to a morning sky like this and not see the hand of God?
He is generous, kind, and fully aware of us and what we are experiencing in life.
Then there is this boy right here.
So full of love and gratitude.
He came home from school the other day and told me how when he pulled up in front of our house he saw our neighbor Renae outside raking her leaves and he felt like he wanted to go and help her, and so he did.
Without being asked, just wanting to do good. And when he came in the house he looked so happy.
The next day he found this little card and package on his truck. 
It was from Renae, and she was so grateful.
The morning after Bernice passed away, I decided I wanted to run to the temple.
I really miss that place, and even just being outside and looking at how beautiful it is I can feel the peace of that heavenly place.
I ran there, but then walked slowly around the outside of the building with my camera taking pictures of every beautiful angle...
Since we cannot go into the temple right now because of the pandemic, I enjoy just thinking about times when I have been there before, pondering on thoughts that come to me, and promises that I have made...
..I think about the spirits that are here on earth that we cannot see, and how they are some of our guardian angels, just like Bernice now.
I feel so grateful that I live in a place that I lovingly refer to as "the land of temples."
Where else on earth can you go for a morning run and see 3 different beautiful temples?
No where.
As I walked around the temple that morning my heart was full of gratitude for so many things...
..and as I sat on the bench in the front of the temple I felt that same familiar peace that I do when I go inside too.
And lucky for me (and anyone who is blessed to have a little glimpse of heavenly love in their home) it is the same feeling that I can also feel at home when I pray or read my scriptures, or ponder on my blessings...it's anywhere the spirit dwells...
..and for me this morning, it is right here where I see the hand of God and count my many many blessings.

 

No comments: