We got lucky this year and got to have Christmas parties with BOTH sides of our family!
This year it was Clint's sister Cherie's turn to host the Trickett family party, so we met at her house in Porterville for food, a Christmas devotional from President Nelson, a fun gift exchange, and LOTS of time to visit with everyone.
I love being a part of such a crazy, fun, and loving family.
Clint and I both really are so blessed and we love it.
(And I love Clint the most. ;)
For the Panter Christmas party we decided to do things a little different.
We reserved a movie theater and invited everyone to come and bring their families!
Everyone got their drinks and buckets of popcorn, and we watched the movie "ELF" which was hilarious!
I also brought gift cards and treats for prizes that everyone won from our "pre-movie" Christmas movie trivia game! I think everyone had fun and we have started another new tradition thanks to a covid year!We are hoping to do this every year with the Panter side, and hopefully eventually get everyone to attend! :)
Andrea's family was going to come, but then Darin ended up with covid, and Craig and his family were going to come, but he got stuck in Colorado for work.
We were sad they couldn't come, but we will take what we can get!
(And Kambriella was just so happy because her favorite cousin Maddie was there. :)
Shane's family had to leave, but the rest of us stayed at the Station and went into Johnny Rockets for shakes and fries. (I had a salad.NO more treats for me!)
I'm pretty sure people weren't starving as much as they were just not wanting the night to be over. :)
So, we sat around still talking and laughing and singing out loud (because we were the only people in the restaurant) to 80's and 90's jukebox tunes.
Nothing says "happy" to me like having our family together. If only Kierra, Riley, and Easton could have been there too then it would have been complete!
But like I said, we will take what we can get, and we are SO grateful for what we've got. :)











No comments:
Post a Comment