I am hoping that these amazing pictures can give you just a little glimpse of the AMAZING Mother's Day weekend that I had!!!
The celebration began on Friday and lasted the whole weekend! :)
It all started when I got the idea on Friday morning that I really wanted to go on a hike, and so I picked one that was close to home, and that I knew I could make it home before Kesslyn since Friday is early out day. :)
I packed my back pack with water, snacks, my scriptures, and my patriarchal blessing, and headed out!
The river was full and so was the waterfall!
The views were so pretty, and just what my heart needed that day.
I got such a great workout running most of the way up and down. (And I'm glad I could because I only ended up making it home exactly 3 minutes before Kesslyn! ;)
The sound of the rushing water is so soothing to me, and always reminds me of the part in the Living Christ that talks about the voice of the Savior...
The Prophet Joseph wrote "...his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters, even the voice of Jehovah, saying,
"I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father" (D&C 110: 3-4).
The beauty and peace that surrounded me set the perfect tone for the rest of the weekend. I was able to sit for a few minutes while I was up at the waterfall and read through my patriarchal blessing, and ponder on some things that have been on my mind, and to think about some important decisions that we are making in life...
I felt so good. And I made it home in time to greet Kesslyn ;)
I quickly got cleaned up and was accompanied by sweet Kesslyn to our Mommy Daughter date for activity days!
The girls were taught how to give their moms a hand massage, complete with coconut oil and lotions. It was so relaxing that I thought I might need a nap when we were done! ;)
After my hand massage, we went and dipped our snacks in the chocolate fountain!
I had a strawberry, a banana, a grape, a cinnamon bear, and pretzel sticks. Yum!
Kesslyn tried the strawberries, marshmallows, rice Krispy treats, animal cookies, and grapes!
You can tell how much she loved it because it is written ALL OVER her face!
On Saturday morning Kambriella had a soccer game, and she felt so happy because Uncle Curt, Aunt Sara, her brother Carew, and sister Kara all came along to support her and watch her play!
They ended up tying 3-3.
We went staright from the soccer game over to Corner Canyon High School where Gavin and his buddy Ashton were playing in the state tennis match. Gavin and Ashton were ranked 16th in the state, and were versing Mountain Ridge High who was ranked 17th in the state.
They were so evenly matched and played hard until the match came to an end after a tie breaker...
It was Riverton for the Win!!!
Way to go Gavin and Ashton! Now, it's on to state again on Thursday at Liberty Park where they will face the #1 ranked school, Corner Canyon.
After tennis was over we went for some lunch at Teriyaki Grill to celebrate Gavin and the win!
Then, Gavin headed back to the tennis courts to cheer on his teammates that played a little later. Then, after a quick change and some help of mom and dad, Gavin and Kambriella made it to the Oquirrh Mountain temple to do baptisms.
What an awesome, busy, exciting, and exhausting day!
As soon as Gavin and Kambriella made it home from the temple to be with Kesslyn, Clint and I headed over to the Bountiful temple with Tiffany and Colby where we did some sealings together!
It was such an awesome temple experience.
We were able to participate in the sealing of a family of 3 brothers to their parents, learned so much from Brother Getz, the sealer, made some new friends, Chris and Carrie Larsen, who were in the sealings with us. ;) They too are from Riverton and are moving to Bountiful soon. I hope we see them again.
After the temple, Clint and Colby had a nice little surprise for me and Tiffany!
We had dinner reservations at Flemings in Salt Lake!
The food was delicious, the atmosphere was so cozy, and the company was sweet.
And so was the dessert!!!
Sunday was Mother's Day, and I felt loved from my family!
Kesslyn made me the sweetest card...
Gavin made me a coupon book that I cannot wait to cash in on...
Kierra and Riley gave me the most gorgeous arrangement of roses...
Dallin was able to call and facetime...
And Carew and Kara showed up in the morning with Sticky Buns for breakfast (although I forgot to take a picture of their deliciousness until AFTER they were already gone!)...
They gave me a super cute travel bag for all of my toiletries when I go on my trips!
Thank you to everyone for making me feel so loved!
And thank you to my sweet family for always making me smile...:)
It was the BEST weekend!!!



































No comments:
Post a Comment