Heartstrings By Susette

Thursday, December 7, 2017

"Get" or "Give"

 As a family we are trying to #Lighttheworld at Christmas time, but really that's what we try to do every single day of our lives...Living the gospel and being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter~day Saints has so many blessings, but claiming to be a disciple and follower of Christ also has it's responsibilities. Bearing a name like that is an honor and a privilege and we should be striving daily to live up to His love, gifts, and Holy name.
But, at Christmas time we also enjoy this at a whole new level because the entire world seems to be feeling that same desire to love and give as Christ does...
So, to go along with our AWESOME church and their "Get and Give" vending machines from Day 1 of Light the World, we as a family are doing our very own "Get and Give" vending machines!
Anyone at anytime can choose to "Get" a treat, but they have to "Give" their money to do so...OR they can just simply "Give" their money!
 Our plan is to take the money we have collected in a few weeks and go down to temple square where they have the REAL "Get and Give" vending machines and "Give" something that has a greater need. I know there is a great need for clean water and other essentials of life...my friend and her family went down there last weekend and "bought a goat" out of the vending machine! 
What a fun and awesome thing to do at Christmas time!
Yesterday it was actually soooo funny and cute because out of the blue just so randomly, Kesslyn said to me, "I want a goat!"  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)
I was laughing so hard! Clint and I both were actually and I thought to myself...
"I might need to go a different direction with her gifts..." ;)
I just LOVE Christmas time and all the good that people everywhere are doing!
Let's all do our part and #Lighttheworld!

No comments: