Yesterday these cute kids all got a new haircut! They wee feeling "fine and fresh" according to Gavin...;)
They are such good kids and we have all had a good summer doing fun things together. The haircuts were an early reminder though of the "back to school" mentality that is just around the corner...Uggh!!
Also, last night, one of my former young women needed a safe place to rest her head...so she showed up with all of her belongings piled into this ONE suitcase...my heart is going out to her...
She has had such a rough go at life, and things just haven't been easy at all. But, I know that there is hope...especially when we stick together as sisters in the gospel. There really is peace in Christ and together with Him we can do all things.
I am eternally grateful for this loving and happy home, and for these "safe harbors."
The kids dished her up a bowl of ice~cream after family home evening, and talked to her and made her smile...I'm so glad that these children of mine are getting these first hand experiences that are teaching them about what ministering really looks like and that they are learning all about what matters most.
It's all about people.
Also, just for the record...Clint came home from work and began telling me all about a conversation that he had with one of his employees yesterday.
He said that he was asked, "Boss, are you a millionaire?"
Clint said that was a funny question and that it didn't really matter...he replied that he had millions in assets, but could they guess which one was his most valuable??
As this employee began naming "things" Clint told him that he was way off track...
He then pulled out his phone and showed him his screen saver...
It was this picture of me.
He told me how he told this man that this beautiful wife was his greatest asset and nothing was more important to him than me.
I almost started crying when he told me this. I knew that it was true and I have always felt that way about him, and have always believed he truly feels that way about me.
"The funny thing was..." Clint said, " was when I told him that you have loved me ever since the beginning and even when I had nothing. You love me for me, and not for what I can give you, and it's always been that way!"
He was so proud and it made me feel sooooo good. I can't explain it or put it into words, but trust me when I say that I KNOW that I am loved and I am so very grateful for the eternal marriage that I have to my very best friend!



No comments:
Post a Comment