Yesterday, a few friends and I went to lunch at the Trellis Cafe at Thanksgiving Point and had a mini baby shower for a friend of ours, Kisty Butcher. Kisty moved into our neighborhood a couple of years ago and I met her while trick or treating with my kids. ;) That was the best Halloween EVER! ;)
Since then, I have slowly gotten to know Kisty and you can just feel her energy, her loving personality, and just how easily she makes you feel like an old friend. She is so easy to love! And the best part about it...she loves you right back!
But that is exactly how this "neighborhood" ~ our own little piece of heaven ALWAYS feels.
In Kisty's words..."It's just not normal!"
I agree. :)
When I think about the Savior and His mission and all of the people that He loved and served and spent time with, I am always so grateful that He showed us the perfect example by loving EVERYONE. Regardless of social, economic, or religious status, He ministered to ALL...and because we have been blessed to live in a place with so many Christ like people, we will most certainly find that we are surrounded by those who are simply trying to be like Him and LOVE EVERYONE.
Kisty, you are my sister and friend regardless of where life may have taken us, what likes and dislikes we may have, or things we may not have in common. Loving each other for who we are will bring us closer than we ever thought, and it will show us just how much we really DO have in common. Like just how much we love our families, and just how hard we are trying to raise happy and healthy children. We are all trying our best each day to do good in the world, to be good people, to love and serve those around us, and to be a light to those who need it.
Kisty, you may not realize it, but you shine a light that I need too, and I want to thank you for putting yourself out there and for accepting me and for being my friend. All of you, every single one...Michelle, Kisty, April and Lauren (Nora too;), Katie, Emily, Michelle, Bobbi, Joanne, and so many more...you are my examples, my sisters, my friends. You pick me up when I'm down, you bring the light when it seems dark, and you love me regardless of my weaknesses, unconditionally and always.
Kisty, you may not realize it, but you shine a light that I need too, and I want to thank you for putting yourself out there and for accepting me and for being my friend. All of you, every single one...Michelle, Kisty, April and Lauren (Nora too;), Katie, Emily, Michelle, Bobbi, Joanne, and so many more...you are my examples, my sisters, my friends. You pick me up when I'm down, you bring the light when it seems dark, and you love me regardless of my weaknesses, unconditionally and always.
I am a better person today because I know you.
President Russell M. Nelson said, "Stand out. Be different. Be a light."
We were born to stand out and be different from the world in "distinct and happy ways."
That is what you are.
That is why I love you.
And yes, Kisty, this is NOT normal. :)
XOXOXO


No comments:
Post a Comment