Heartstrings By Susette

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

2018-2019 School Is In!

The 2018-2019 school year has officially begun!
It all started yesterday morning when Dallin headed off to his first day of early morning seminary at 5:45 am!~Then it was off to Riverton High School where he is a 10th grade Student Class Officer. He has already been at the school everyday for a couple of weeks now and is used to the new school. He is so excited for all of the adventures that he will have this year! Especially with the Student Government and MDT classes that he is in! It will be a busy one, but also a fun one! I hope we can all keep up! 
(Ok, I know Dallin can, I just hope I can! ;)
 Gavin started his first day of junior high at Oquirrh Hills Middle School yesterday! All of the 7th graders got to go to a half day yesterday just to get used to how things run in middle school. So far he said he's excited about his teachers and the lunch was great! He's also super excited about the college careers class that he gets to take where they get to cook and sew and fun stuff like that. :) He is also thinking he wants to run for 7th grade class officer like his big brother Dallin, so, we shall see!
 Entering middle school with Gavin are also all of his neighborhood friends...Ashton, Parker, Natalee, and Alex!
 You got it!!! The Fantastic 5!!! :)
 Their bus stop is right outside of our house and they were all pretty excited to jump on that bus!
 And lucky for me, they weren't too embarrassed that all of us moms were out there taking pictures of them actually getting on the bus! :)
 These kids have GOT to STOP growing up!!! See!? Even the bus driver is telling them too! ;)
 Then there is this little Princess! She started her first day of preschool with Miss April again yesterday too!
She is in the 3 year old Panda class and every time I tell her she is a "Panda" now, she gets upset at me and tells me, "No I not a panda! I'm Tetten!"
 Kambriella was doing her best to help Kesslyn "strike a pose" for the camera! These girls crack me up...
 ...and then again they melt my heart!! Kambriella is such a good big sister to Kesslyn always helping her and encouraging her, just like Kierra always did for her...I love it. :)
 After Gavin got off of the bus from his half day and Kesslyn finished her preschool, I took these 3 kiddos to the Movie "Pandas!" It was kind of in celebration of our little Panda Kesslyn, but mostly just to celebrate the 1st day of back to school!
 Kambriella was the only one that didn't start school yesterday, so she enjoyed a little one on one time with mom while the kids were all gone. We went shopping and also made paper mice. :) Gotta love these kids!
 Then this morning it was Kambriella's turn for her first day! 
 She got up, made her bed, said her prayers, made her own breakfast and lunch, did her reading, packed her school supplies and things for her teacher, and was SO ready!
 She was warmly welcomed with running hugs and open arms when we got to the school which made me so happy. Every child needs to feel needed and important. I just hope that Kambriella can be that kind of friend to others at school too.
 Did I mention that I need these kids to STOP growing up?? 4th grade!!!
 Kesslyn was so excited for Kambriella until she realized that we were leaving Kambriella at the school and she wasn't coming home with us! When her and I got back to the car to go back home she was very upset at me AND Kambriella! She said, "Why is Kamella not coming?? She's not my friend. Hmm." ...and then abruptly folded her arms. I don't think she understands why all of her favorite people are leaving her all day, but hopefully soon she will. She loves her family and her sissy so much that she can't hardly stand for them to be gone away from her! (Which is so sad and yet so sweet! ;)
Like I said before, these kids just melt my heart. I'm so grateful to have each one of them and that they are all growing, learning, thriving, and becoming spectacular people...the Children of God that they were meant to be!!! It's going to be a great year! Good luck my sweets!!!

No comments: