At Family Home Evening the other night I had a very busy little 2 year old handing out swim goggles as I was trying to teach...We were discussing the conference talk titled "Am I a Child of God?"
I had pictures of each of the children as little babies and we talked about their miraculous spirits, minds, and bodies and all the good that they were meant to do...and all the while I was trying to teach with the spirit, this sweet little "child of God" was reminding me that I was doing a "great job!" ("Thumbs up" as Kesslyn would say...)...and when I stop and think of what each of these children are sent here to do I can't help but wonder about all the good that they will do and all the people's hearts that they will touch, and ALL the people that they will make laugh...even if it is right when we are trying to be reverent in Family Home Evening!!! ;)
I know Heavenly Father is smiling down on us even when things don't go perfectly. He knows our hearts and He knows just how hard we are trying, AND He knows how good it feels to laugh. :)
Thank you Kesslyn for the sweet reminder that you give me that we are doing OK! That we get a "thumbs up", and that without a doubt we ARE each a child of God. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment