Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, August 20, 2018

Priesthood Blessings for Going Back To School

 Priesthood power is one of the things that I am most grateful for...that, and a sweet and handsome husband who is a worthy barer of that power. Each year when the kids get ready to go back to school they each receive a priesthood blessing and I know they feel the importance of it, the help that it gives them, and the love that is coming to them from both their earthly father AND their Heavenly Father. 
I love these special times and how they bring our family even closer together, and the spirit that testifies of truth to them. It is a beautiful thing!

Last Friday we also took some time touring the Middle School where Gavin will be going this year! It was nice to have his big brother Dallin there leading the way and giving Gavin all of the best tips he could think of, and helping him find his way around the school to his different classes.
 His locker is number 3030! It is a little tricky to open because it kind of sticks, but Gavin got it and he's excited!
 I also got to do some ministering this weekend by helping a sister in our ward who is going through some hard times right now ( a possible divorce ;(  move into a new place of her own with her 2 little girls. 
 As hard as it is to see people you love struggle and have to go through hard times, it is still so nice to know and SEE the people who are always so willing to help and that really care. I love my presidency and I love that no matter the challenge that is placed before us, we come together with smiles on our faces and nothing but love in our hearts trying to go and be His hands. I will always call it a Labor of Love because I know that is exactly what it is. And LOVE is what everyone needs.

No comments: