Heartstrings By Susette

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Date Night on Cinco de Mayo

 Last night I had a date with Clint, the most anticipated night of my week!!! ;)
With it being Cinco de Mayo, I sent the kids to get their own dinner from Cafe Rio, and then Clint and I went to a new Mexican place that we love called Rancherito's.
It was packed and so we drove off in to the sunset and grabbed some dinner form the shortest drive through line we could find...literally! Everyone was having the same idea as us, I guess. 
We ended up getting Culver's and driving to the temple parking lot to sit and eat our dinner.
 Honestly I wasn't very hungry for food, just hungry for some intimate and uplifting adult conversation.
That was what we had, and it was the best part of the date. :)
We walked around the temple grounds admiring the beautiful full moon that was shining down on the temple (and NOT doing it justice with this photo!) while we were both wrapped up in my single jacket, Clint's arm in one side and mine in the other. :)
We walked and talked while we were snuggled close and it was SO nice.
We actually discussed what we have seen change in our family or in ourselves during this pandemic, and for both of us it was the same.
We have LOVED the slower pace of life and the abundance of family time. We have missed the temple and seeing the people we love, and we are happy to see that our testimonies are strong. Even without organized "church" we are faithfully living the gospel in our home, and  having "church"with our family. We dress in our Sunday best each week, and feel an abundance of the spirit that Heavenly Father is sending JUST for us and I love it. 
No, we are definitely NOT perfect, and YES, sometimes the kids will fight or get on each others nerves, but all in all we know we love each other, and that's why we are here. To help each other progress and return to our Heavenly home one day.
Together I know we can do it, and I'm so lucky to have Clint as my best friend and greatest support by my side.

No comments: