The other day Kesslyn came up to me and said, "Mommy I want to play with you in the back yard...and maybe do some yoga!"
When I heard this I was standing in the kitchen and was just trying to finish up "school teacher" duties, preparing food for dinner that night, and trying NOT to burst out laughing at this CUTEST, SWEETEST little angel bug of mine!
First of all...YOGA??? Where did THAT come from?? My kids do know that I love to run and go to aerobics, but I've never really done YOGA! It was just so innocent, grown up, and cute. :)
BUT, this short little "expression of words" to ME wasn't really saying "mommy let's do yoga," but to ME it was saying, "Mommy I love you so much and just want to be with you and spend some time with you."
I took the invitation quite seriously and changed into some comfy exercise clothes, and took Kesslyn out in the tent that the kids had put up in the back yard, and we did "yoga." ;) ;) (But only for about 5 minutes.:)
After Kesslyn was tired of doing yoga, she went in the house and brought out the little fishing game and we played that together WAY longer than we did yoga. ;)
It was so sweet playing with Kesslyn.
She "taught" me how to play and even "let me win."
I have learned that this calling of mother is one of the most important and influential roles that I will play in their lives, and will quite possibly and most likely be their best training ground for when they grow up and become a mother one day too.
Oh how I love all my children and being their mom. Yes, it's hard some days, but most days it's the most rewarding thing I do. Thank you Heavenly Father for giving me the opportunity and blessing to be a mom, and for my little ones who love to just "be with me" even if that means doing a little yoga. ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment