We have lived in our new house for 7 months now and I am still working my way through the house and each room trying to get things unpacked, rearranged, and decorated to make it feel like "home. It is slowly coming together, and beginning to feel like it's "ours."
One thing that I have added that I LOVE is my new weekly menu board! It helps me to be organized in planning out weekly meals, which is helping me with one of my personal goals that I set with the kids when the new youth program rolled out, and that was to have more dinners around the table at home during the week. (At least 4 times a week to be exact!;) But thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are crushing that goal!!! ;) We are eating family dinner around the table almost every night of the week! (With the exception of a date night that I take with Clint.) I love the council from our leaders that teach us about the importance of that special time together gathered around the dinner table. Because we all know that a whole lot more than just eating happens when we are all together there...like laughing, catching up from our day, and the strengthening of relationships ~ along with the comfort of some yummy food. :)


The front room is becoming a cozy place to gather and talk, and especially at night when it's time to end the day with scripture and prayer. Although it ALWAYS takes us forever to finally HAVE the prayer, I don't think I would have it any other way. It seems like everyone just wants to keep talking and being together almost as if they know that as soon as the prayer is said, then the fun has to end and we all go to bed. (Although there are days where the bed can't come fast enough for me! :)
Yes there is teasing and fighting at times too, but I know all in all, we LOVE being together.
Our family LOVES each other.
And I love that so much.



No comments:
Post a Comment