Last Thursday at about 2:00 in the afternoon, I drove to the airport to pick up 2 of my very favorite people in the world! Kierra and Easton!
Kierra was coming into town for her friend Katelyn's wedding reception, and we only got 3 days with her, but hey, we will take whatever we can get!
After stopping at Clint's work to say hello to all the boys, we drove home and spent the evening together with the family...eating Café Rio take out for dinner, playing games, and catching up on life.
On Friday morning since we don't have in person school those days, we decided to take a field trip to the Children's Discovery Museum at Thanksgiving Point.
Easton loved playing with the little play house washer and dryer, pushing the button over and over again to turn the light on and off again . :)
Him and Aunt Kesslyn also loved playing in the water table at the Water Works section of the museum!
…and although they had a great time there, they were most excited to run off to the jungle gym area...
Easton enjoyed climbing all around with his mom following close behind him.
And although you can't see them very well in this picture, all the kids were enjoying being up high in the tree tops scaling the rope bridges. They do not have a fear of heights like their mother, thank goodness!
It brings me so much comfort to have my family all together under one roof., and I know that may seem a little silly with everyone growing up so much, but I just love them all and feel complete when they are all there.
I have to enjoy every minute I have with them and be sure not to take anything for granted!
Kierra is such a good little mom and her and Riley are doing such a wonderful job raising Easton.
I was so impressed with her light packing skills in order to save a little money and not have to pay extra to check a bag on the plane. All she brought with her was one little back pack full of mostly things for little Easton (since she could borrow a lot of my things while she is here...) but in that one little back pack full of things was Easton's Book of Mormon reader. I love that she found it one of the most important things to pack, and that she is teaching him from this young age al about Jesus Christ. I love that she knows what truly matters most.
We had a great time playing outside on the playground for a while, eating lunch at Zupa's, and then heading home for a bit so that Easton could have a nap.
We colored with Kesslyn, and Kierra made this beautiful picture for her that she LOVES! :)
On Saturday when Kierra went to her friend's wedding reception, I got to babysit Easton, and we had a fun time together! I am grateful for technology because I think that helps him in being so familiar and comfortable with me. He didn't seem unsure of me at all. In fact he kept reaching out to me like he wanted to be with me and it made me feel so good!
I love the different parts of mothering, including this new phase of my life, grand-mothering. (Although I prefer to call it "enjoying Lolli-Pops.";)
We are a blessed family with so many sweet people in it to love.
But I guess now that I think about it, that's really how every family is because we are all a part of that same big family. It's a comforting thing to know. :)















No comments:
Post a Comment