Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Valentine's Day In Breckenridge

Isn't it beautiful? 
The Colorado Rockies and the Colorado River in the winter!
This was our view as Clint whisked me away on a 4 day Valentine's trip to Breckenridge Colorado.
As much as I LOVED getting away, I loved our drive just as much because we had 7 hours each way to talk without interruption! That alone was worth the drive! :)
We had a wonderful time exploring the sights, tastes, smells, and sounds of the little ski town of Breckenridge.
We enjoyed everything from their local restaurants, to the quaint little shops all along the city streets...
We have NEVER seen a restaurant named after either one of us, and so when we saw "Clint's Bakery" we just HAD to go in!
We left the bakery with a peanut butter and chocolate brownie for Clint, and a blueberry buckle for me. :)
We both grabbed a hot chocolate too and took our treats out onto the snowy streets where we sipped our hot chocolate and walked around in the snow.
Yes, it was pretty magical. ;)
And pretty romantic too! ;)
We enjoyed window shopping and talking, and even found the world's yummiest sea salt and caramel fudge ever!!! We savored every bite of that fudge square for the 3 days we had it. It was SO yummy!!!
Fuzziwig's is a famous candy store, but we did not go inside...there was waaay too long of a line to get in and so we just smiled and snapped a picture as we walked along...
We also got to see Kierra, Riley, and Easton while we were there! We gave them some birthday and Valentine gifts, went out to dinner, played some games, and had a blast making Easton laugh. :)
I just love that little dude and Kierra and her sweet family.
It was a highlight for us to get to spend a little time with them!
All in all, my 4 day long weekend trip was just what Clint and I needed, along with plenty of time to focus on each other and remember how in love we are. He is my best friend, and my forever Valentine, and I'm so grateful for the wonderful time he planned for us!
I love you Clint! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: