Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Moments That Make Up Our Forever

Over the weekend there were quite a few highlights. I stopped into Jimmy's Floral in Bountiful to see my beautiful little sister who is now working there, and just completed her first week of working there! I am SO proud of you Tiffany! We went and did some major work at the cabin, but still have so much more to do...
Clint also spoke in sacrament meeting and did a wonderful job. I told him that I already love him so much, but when he shares his testimony with me, he just gets cuter and cuter. ;)
We also visited with my sister in law Cherie and her husband Blake when we took Eila home.
It was a really good weekend.
Yesterday was a fun day as well! Kesslyn and I got to be partners at hosting the 11th Hole at the Ogden Country Club during the Young Chevrolet's annual golf tournament that Clint always sponsors and plays in. We met some really nice people and Clint and Colby got to golf together. We had fun with putting on the "marshmallow long drive" competition. We gave people a marshmallow and a tee and got to see who could hit it the farthest. Kesslyn said she was my "assistant" and was so sweet handing out the tees to everyone and helping to pick up all of the marshmallows at the end. ;) She even earned $20 bucks for all of her hard work.
She also got to sit and talk to Dallin on Facetime while he was having his p-day in Brazil.
It was another really good day. ;)
After our long day on the golf course, we ended up back at work just for a few hours before we headed to Carew and Kara's new house! We took some Chinese take-out for dinner, and gave them a little house warming gift. We really enjoyed sitting at the dinner table together and just catching up. They are so cute together, and I am so happy for them that they are at this phase of life where they are in their own home, and starting their little family. I cannot wait to meet little baby boy!
We ate dinner, took a tour of their home, and played a little game. We had a scripture and a prayer together, and then left them to try to get some sleep before another bust day tomorrow.
Their little place is so nice because they live right on the end, with no one next to them where they have a beautiful view, and no direct backyard neighbor's either because there will be a park there instead.
Congratulations Carew and Kara! We are so proud of you! Not only for this fun step in your journey, but for the kind of life that you are choosing to lead in living and loving the gospel, and preparing to teach it to your own family too. We LOVE YOU!
And Kierra, thank you once again for not only hosting your two teenage siblings for almost 3 weeks, but for sharing all of the fun adventures you are having through these pictures with me! :)
Have you ever seen so many delectable and delicious varieties of shave ice in your life????
I love how much they love Easton, and how they are storming Waikiki with him too...;)
So many adventures with the culture and the food...
and the Menehune and your own little people too...Ahhh! I just LOVE them!
These are the memories that summer was made for, and these are the moments that make up our forever...I am so grateful for this sweet family of mine!

 

No comments: