Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Yes Day!

My heart is so happy that my little Kesslyn has a best friend in her cousin Eila!
They made a "bucket list" of things they want to do together this summer, and on their list was "go out to lunch." So, I took them! We went to Raising Cane's and while we were there they both said, "Can we have a Yes Day?" I thought about it for about 2 seconds and then said, "YES!"

Kesslyn immediately began telling Eila about a new toy store we had found called Teton Toys, where they had the most amazing assortment of stuffed animals...of course I said yes when they asked if we could go there. ;)
They each picked out a stuffed puppy and named them Sweetie and Cinnamon Roll. ;)

Then, they asked if we could go to Target and buy some prizes to fill up our treasure chest at home for them to earn rewards when they read everyday...I said Yes!
It was fun watching them work on their inner feelings, knowing I would say yes to everything, but not wanting me to have to spend too much money, or take advantage of the day. It was actually very sweet, and when we got in the car after buying the prizes, they each offered me some of their own money. :) I told them it was ok, and that I agreed to this and for them to keep their money. They would not give up and insisted that I keep at least $1 and so I did. ;)
We also went to Dollar Tree where it was a lot easier for them to choose prizes without feeling too much guilt. ;)
We bought matching Little Mermaid outfits and then bought tickets to go and see the new live action Little Mermaid at the movie theater, where the girls got popcorn and a slushy.
The movie was actually done really well, but my very favorite part of the night was when the movie was over and Clint and the girls were all holding hands and went skipping down the hallway on our way out of the movie. :) :) He is such a good dad, and an even better husband. ;)
Eila and Kesslyn even got some new matching pajamas (although I still need to get a picture of them in them). Eila's puppy is Sweetie and Kesslyn's puppy is Cinnamon Roll. They came home and played and played and then finally crashed around 3:00 in the morning!!! I don't think they wanted their Yes Day to end!
Meanwhile, back in Hawaii, the Trickett siblings are still taking Hawaii! ;)
Raya and Easton look like they are just loving having their aunt and uncle there to play and have fun!
Sunbathing and swimming...surfing and playing in the sand...
It seems like the perfect summer to me!

 

No comments: