I can't help but smile every morning as I'm getting ready for the day when I see cute little Kesslyn helping herself to the necklaces in my jewelry armoir.
I love how instinctively little girls and boys are just drawn to what they love...how all of my boys were drawn to trains, balls, and dirt...and my little girls have been drawn to baby dolls, anything pink, and sparkles!!!
And necklaces!!! :)
After picking Kesslyn up and complementing her on her pick of necklace for the day, I couldn't help but notice how perfectly the saying on her shirt went with what I was thinking...
"So true baby girl!!!...All you need is love, and a crown...
and maybe a cookie!
OK, and maybe a necklace too!" :)
Those chubby little hands though!!!
Then, later on in the day we followed this handsome fella around work for a bit...He bought this new forklift to help make the delivery process a little easier on everyone's backs...but really he reminds me of a little kid driving it!!! Having WAY too much fun! ;)
I am working on a project for him in his new office and can't WAIT until it's done! It's going to be SO cool and I just KNOW he's going to LOVE it!!!
Then later on in the day, I was driving Kambriella and her friend Elsa to dance.
We stopped at a red light and I turned to look at them as I was talking to them ans saw THIS!!!
I had forgotten that the floor was covered with pumpkins
that we were going to be using for our young women's activity at night...
I think Kambriella loves fall and pumpkins almost as much as I do!!! I just thought that it was so cute that they weren't content just dangling their short little legs over the tops of the pumpkins,
but that they had to lift them up on their laps and actually hold the pumpkins!
But who could resist a big, orange, round ball of joy??!!
:)
And here are a few of my beautiful young women...
Kaitlyn, Shelbie, Annie, Katelyn, Timber, and Morgan.
(Missing: Julie, Grace, Autumn, and Anna)
We carved pumpkins and made butterbeer and had fun just talking and listening to Halloween music...and our favorite of course, Michael Jackson's THRILLER!!! :)
I shared with the girls the "Parable of the Pumpkin."
I told them the story all about a gardener who went out into the pumpkin patch and picked them up off the cold and dirty ground, took them in and cleaned them up, scooped out all of the garbage inside, carved a smiling face in them, and put His Light inside!
I try to teach my girls that the gospel really does apply to EVERYTHING and to look for God's hand and try to feel His love all around them.
That gardener is Jesus Christ.
He is the source of ALL good and Light in this world and I want to try to follow Him!







No comments:
Post a Comment