My beautiful friend Emily is one of the few people I know that loves Christmas as much as I do!!!
Last year we started a tradition together of going to the tree farm in October, tagging our "perfect" Christmas tree, and then going back after Thanksgiving to chop it down and bring it home.
The fun of walking through all of the beautiful trees is more than just that...it's exciting, and magical, and breathtaking, and even spiritual...I think because I feel so happy and loved.
Emily is more than just a friend to me though. She is my sister too. :)
We have experienced so much of life together. Serving in church callings, raising children, losing loved ones both siblings and parents...loving and supporting each other through the good and the bad...
and loving the joys that accompany us through this awesome mortal journey.
Everyone needs a sister friend like Emily. :)
I'm a lucky girl to have her in my life.
The kids all have a blast too playing hide and go seek in all of the trees! There are so many fun things that I love about this tradition, but most of all, I just love making memories that last forever. :)
Kesslyn liked seeing the trees and holding the pine cones, but did NOT like that I carried her through the farm the whole time! With her unstable steps in just learning how to walk,
I kept her safe in my arms although she just wanted to run and be free!
Next year baby girl!!! ;)
It's another day to give thanks to a kind and loving Heavenly Father
for His many tender gifts!



No comments:
Post a Comment