Today Gavin gave his first talk ever in Sacrament meeting and he did such an amazing job! He wrote it all himself with a little organizational help from his mom, but mostly it was all on his own and I was so very proud of that sweet sweet boy!!!
Great Job Gavin! :)
Here is his talk :
I was asked
to talk on a general conference talk and I chose, Even as Christ forgives you, so
also do ye by Elder Larry j. echo hawk. The reason I chose this talk is because
as humans we all make mistakes and no one is perfect except Jesus Christ. In this
talk there is a story about a man (elder Hawks brother) and his wife who gets
killed by a drunk driver. It was Christmas
time and they were on their way home to their daughter after a party when they
were violently crashed into by a 20 year old drunk driver who ran a stop light
going more than 85 miles per hour.
Quote: ”After some
time had passed, a court sentencing hearing was held for the young man found
responsible for vehicular manslaughter. In their ongoing grief and sorrow, my
parents and oldest sister, Katy, attended the hearing. The drunk driver’s
parents were also there, and after the hearing concluded, they sat on a bench
and wept. My parents and sister were sitting nearby as they sought to gain
control of their own emotions. After a moment, my parents and sister stood up
and walked to the driver’s parents and offered them words of comfort and
forgiveness. The men shook hands; the women held hands; there was deep sorrow
and tears for all and a recognition that both families had suffered immensely.
Mom, Dad, and Katy led the way with their quiet strength and courage and showed
our family what forgiveness looks like.” So, even though Elder hawk was sad and mad, after lots
of time he forgave the drunk driver too.
When I was
younger I found out what forgiveness and repentance was because of an
experience I had. it goes like this, When I was younger I would go to my dad’s
work to earn money only 10$ but still money. I usually dusted vacuumed emptied garbage’s
and cleaned toilets to earn the money. Whenever I worked I always had one distraction,
LEGO city cops. My dad had a salesman named rick and he used to be a police
officer in San Diego California. He had the most Amazing Lego city collection ever.
And the coolest thing was the motor cycle for the cop. Because it was the
coolest LEGO I ever saw, I had to have
it for myself so I stole it. Even when I was taking the LEGO I knew I shouldn’t
be taking it but it was to tempting. It was great playing with the first few
minutes but after that I felt guiltier than ever. Of course after a few days
rick found out his LEGO was missing and my mom like all moms found out too. So after
that, I returned the LEGO and I asked Rick for forgiveness, but I also asked
Heavenly Father to forgive me as well, then I felt so much better.
Back to the talk, it says “please also
remember that an essential element of forgiveness includes forgiving ourselves.”
After my experience with the Legos I
learned how important it is to forgive yourself, and you’ll feel so much better
if you do.
The Savior taught in Matthew 6:14-15 “For if ye forgive men
their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: “But if ye
forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your
trespasses.”3
In this scripture it’s teaching that if you forgive others and
yourself, then Heavenly Father will forgive you too, and you will be happy.
TESTIMONY

No comments:
Post a Comment