It was a very Happy Father's Day yesterday for this wonderful man in my life...
Dallin had the idea to make breakfast in bed for his dad, so he woke up early and did it all by himself!
JAZZ and Avengers waffles with syrup, whip cream, strawberries and raspberries, and chocolate milk too!
It was a fun and yummy surprise to start off the day just right. :)
We all went to church where Clint gave a great talk about our missionary Carew! He had everyone laughing with his funny stories of Carew, ;) and ended with a very sincere and sweet testimony from Carew...It's been so fun to see the growth come to our son and how much he truly loves the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Also, I delivered cinnamon rolls and a glass of milk to all of the men in our ward for their Father's Day treat and it was a big hit! They loved it! Then, we came home and sat down together and showered Clint with his gifts. :) I started in with the foot massage while the kids gave him their wrapped presents...a shoe shine kit, a GIANT Hershey's kiss, a baseball trivia board game, and a book called "Dad School."
It was such a cute story about where Dad's learn all of the cool things that Dad's do...and I don't care how old they get, my kids NEVER tire from hearing their dad read them a good story. ;)
After a relaxing nap we made a delicious dinner of King Crab legs, potatoes, salad, and watermelon...
Clint cooked them on the grill and let everyone try them, and everyone seemed to love them! We love seafood and it is definitely a special treat to get this on Father's Day!
After dinner we took a drive down to Clint's work where we picked up our new trailer with Clint's new Polaris Razor 900 side by side! He got this delivered to him on Saturday and we are so excited to take it to the cabin this weekend where we will be for the Clements family reunion. The kids are SOOOOO excited to take it for a drive soon! I would say it was a VERY successful Father's Day! :)
But of course more than anything I am just so grateful for the devoted, dedicated and loving father and husband that Clint is, for my own Dad who watches over me from heaven, and for a mindful Father in Heaven whom I know loves me very much with all of my flaws, imperfections, and all...
James E. Faust said, "Noble Fatherhood gives us a glimpse of the Divine..."
Yesterday I watched the Mormon message titled "Earthly Father, Heavenly Father" and every time I do, it touches me to know that "Of all the titles of respect and honor and admiration that are given to deity, He has asked us to address Him as Father."
-Quorum of the Twelve Apostles








No comments:
Post a Comment