Over the Fall Break we had a lot of good times...:) Like Dallin getting his driver's permit!
He's been such a busy boy that we just needed to find a free day to go and get it, and he was so happy to finally get it! Yay for Dallin!
We celebrated by going to the movies to see the Goosebumps 2 movie.
It was a fun way to get into the Halloween spirit!
The theater was almost sold out, so we were lucky to get 4 seats on one side of the theater for the big kids, and then Kesslyn and I were buddies on the opposite side of the theater. Fun fun!
After the movie was over I loaded up my car and took the kids to my sister's house for the night. Clint and I had a late JAZZ game to catch! It was the opening home game against Golden State...they lost by 1 which was too bad, but we still had a great time together. :) We always do! :)
The next morning we headed north for a date, and stopped to see a couple of our friends at their new business "Crafts 2 You." My friend Natalie and her husband Bryan are living out their dream of running this craft party business together and hey are happy and loving it! I am so happy for them, and it has been so fun for me to watch them come so far. I love Natalie just as much today as ever...she is my sister and friend!
After our stop to see Bryan and Natalie, we went to the Ogden temple to do some service. It is a beautiful temple and we love going to ANY temple. The feeling there is always palpable...and even indescribable.
This particular time we were there I had a unique experience and conversation with a beautiful woman in a wheel chair. She needed help going into the locker room to change and so I offered to help her. Little did I know that she would teach me so much, and that she would actually be the one to serve me. But I love how Heavenly Father works like that...you try to help others, but in the end, you just end up with more blessings than before. It was a n experience that left President Nelson's words ringing in my mind..."Building and maintaining temples may not change your life, but spending your time in the temple surely will."
He was right. Spending time in the temple HAS changed my life, and I know it will continue to as long as I continue going there..
We finished up at the temple, and headed to Logan for the night!
We went to the Beehive Grille for dinner with our friends Heather and Greg, and talked about life, their daughter leaving on a mission, and all that is going on...
We spent the night in the "Lake Powell" suite at the Anniversary Inn since we like to do that often to remember that Logan is where we were married!
And although you can't see them very well, these "stars" shone above our bed all night long and it really felt like we were sleeping under the stars!
I loved it!
In the morning we ate breakfast that was delivered to our room, and spent time relaxing in a hot tub...
I did NOT want to leave! :)
We went to Charlee's mission farewell and it was so good to listen to her testimony!
She has grown into such a beautiful young woman and will represent the Lord well.
Sometimes I can hardly believe that Heather and I have known each other since before our kids were even born! But I love that we have been friends for so long, that we have helped each other along the road of life, and that we continue to support each other and love each other even through the distance.
These people in my life mean so much to me, and once again words from general conference keep ringing through my mind...
Sister Michelle Craig said, "Responding to discontent by resolving to follow promptings changes the way I think about "my time," and I see people not as interruptions, but as the purpose of my life."
All of the people that I serve really are the way I want to spend my time , and really are the purpose of my life!











No comments:
Post a Comment