Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Angels Received From Earth

I woke up to this beautiful sky today, and heaven knows I needed it.
As I stepped outside and looked up, my breath was literally taken away by the love that I felt and the majesty of God's hand displayed across His painted sky...I felt as if heavenly choirs of angels were singing and rejoicing the arrival of  some of earth's finest angels...
My sweet friend Tiffany Jolley passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on Saturday while cooking dinner for her family in her kitchen. She just collapsed and was gone. She was 45 and is now a literal heavenly angel...Heaven is so lucky to receive her...
Then around noon today I also received word of the sudden and unexpected death of our neighbor's daughter Kelsey Stone. At only 26 years of age, she is also now a literal angel...both girls gone so young, and too soon for their family's hearts to let them leave.
My heart is full , and heavy all at the same time...but when I look at this glorious sunrise and reflect on these recent events, I am still swallowed up in the joy of my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Mosiah 16: 7-8
"And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection. But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ."

I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation, the Plan of Happiness. For through it we can be with family forever, and each pain and sorrow of this mortal journey can be erased through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. His life truly is a gift...both now at Christmas time, but more importantly, EVERY single day that we are lent breath to live.

No comments: