
On Saturday December 1st I was blessed to attend a leadership training conference with Elder Dale G. Renlund and his wife Ruth. Elder Renlund is an apostle of the Lord and a kind and loving man.
We were able to arrive to the meeting an hour early in order to sit and ponder and prepare spiritually for the things that we would be taught.
I loved how they made each individual feel needed and important in the work that we all do. We shook their hands before the meeting started and then the very first words he shared with us was this:
"Thank you."
I felt the genuine appreciation and love in his message and knew that it was really how Heavenly Father feels about the work that we are engaged in. I felt his love even greater at the end of the meeting when he bestowed an apostolic blessing on each one of us. Tears fell down my cheeks and I was grateful for so many things..but most of all for my Savior Jesus Christ, for my testimony of the restored gospel and the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints, and for living prophets and apostles.
We were taught all about ministering, teaching in our homes, and how to have a close relationship to the Savior. I am grateful for the opportunity to live among saints here in Zion and I love the gospel with all my heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment