It's Silver Rush in Riverton!
Silver Rush every year is something that everyone in the community looks forward to and gets involved in during the month of December, and this year because Dallin is a Student Class Officer, he is right in the thick of it all! Activities, assemblies, fundraising, and odd jobs...anything and everything to help raise money for the "Shelter Kids" this year!
Shelter Kids is a charity that helps those who face homelessness, which actually includes some of the very students that attend Riverton High. This Christmas season, all of the hard work they do and the money they raise will actually benefit people right here in our own hometown...how cool is that??
Last night as Dallin was out and about, he told me of an elderly man who was so kind and invited all of them in to his home. He asked each of their names and spent time with them and was very emotional crying over these "good youth" of today. Through their conversations Dallin found out that he was a patriarch and his love for these kids was very evident...and Dallin felt it, and loved it, and loved him.
I too am grateful for the good, strong youth who try their hardest to stand out, be a light, and be different in distinct and happy ways...I am so grateful that Dallin is having these opportunities to experience some very important things in life, and to be reminded what REALLY matters. It's all about people. :)
Also last night, we received a Gift of Time from Santa and were able to go to the Hale Center Theater to see the play "A Christmas Carol!"
Santa sent us to go with some of our very favorite people, and since Dallin couldn't go because of Silver Rush, Kambriella was able to bring her friend Mya, and they had a GREAT time!
Have I mentioned how blessed I feel to be surrounded by so many good gifts??
I feel as though I am constantly surrounded with good people, good things, and soooo many blessings that the windows of heaven just keep on pouring...and I don't ever want to take them for granted...
I am so very grateful for every good gift that I know comes from my loving Heavenly Father, and who is the source of everything that is good in my life. It's a very Merry Christmas indeed!




No comments:
Post a Comment