Heartstrings By Susette

Friday, October 11, 2019

All Is Safely Gathered In

 Last night around midnight, and after a long day of moving, this was what my family room looked like overlooking the balcony...Clint and I had worked so hard all day, and then went to a regional leadership conference for the church where they taught us about being inspired and committed to learning and teaching in our families "Come Follow Me."
I can honestly say that I have been feeling this way for a long time.
With the move into this new home, and the natural opportunity to establish "righteous traditions and patterns," it has seemed only natural to me to commit this home as a dedicated place of learning, living, and loving the gospel. And together with the Lord on our side, that is what we are going to do.
 As we tucked each of the children into their beds for the night, I felt so much peace and so grateful for the opportunities and blessings that I have been given.
 We had gone out to dinner after our meeting, and then when we got home, we made everyone's beds and then gathered together to discuss what we had learned at our conference, and also to discuss our feelings and gratitude for what we would do and how we would live in our home. 
I will work each day to literally have the walls of our home be seeping with love and the spirit of the Lord.
 After our discussion as a family and reading our scriptures together, we had our first family prayer and it felt so right.
Everyone was so eager to sleep and so it came easily for everyone. Of course as I wandered the house after everyone was asleep, I thought to myself, "Yes, all is safely gathered in."...and again, everything just felt so right.
 Then, as Clint and I crawled into bed with our exhausted bodies, I was once again overcome with so much gratitude...for this family, for my Savior and my loving Heavenly Father who definitely knows how to give good gifts to His children...but most of all for this sweet and amazing man that I get to spend eternity with.
Clint, I love you so much and love how much you care for me and our family.
I could never do this alone, and YOU are so important to me.
Thank you for loving me and spoiling me, and for working so hard for our family. I love you so much and look forward to each morning waking up next to you. 
Let's do this forever. :)

No comments: