This past weekend was Homecoming at Riverton High!
Dallin and his cute date Claire had a ball with a day date at Scheel's playing games, a picnic lunch at the park, a fancy dinner at The Porch in Daybreak, the Homecoming dance at the high school, and then the "after" party at our house!!!
Dallin built some trust, and his dad let him drive his Challenger to the dance! We told him to be good because Dad's name is written all over his car...and so Dallin drove just like his dad...the "Grandpa driver." :)
I told him good job, and that way he could smile and wave as he rolled on by...;)
Dallin also looked so sharp in his new suit that we went and bought together! You can't really tell from the picture, but there was a sweet "baseball" stitching along the outside trim of the suit that was so classy. What a handsome boy!
Also, this house will now go down in history as the "Party House."
Dallin asked us a while ago if he could host the "after" party at our house because we have a swimming pool...I knew that the timing was terrible with us moving and all, but I always look for opportunities to say "yes" to my children and support them in the good things that they want to do.
Sooo.... I explained to Dallin that I would buy the food and drinks that they would need and that the rest would be up to him. So, Dallin worked hard to set up, prepare, and invite his friends.
And BOY DID THEY COME!!!
I asked him, "Dallin, how many kids are coming to your party?"
Dallin said, "Probably about 100."
Dallin said, "Probably about 100."
Oh boy.
This is going to be a PARTY.
So, sure enough, as soon as the dance was over, hoards of teenagers began flocking to our house and I literally felt the walls shake! We heard cheers and shouts and laughter and singing and games and ALL kinds of fun happening...we even had the police show up! Yep! And thank goodness Clint knows them all so well...they laughed and were glad we were all up to some good wholesome fun, but at 11:30 it was time to quiet down so that our poor neighbors could get some rest. (I hope they will forgive us for going out of the neighborhood with a literal BANG!) ANNND....Dallin and his friends said that THAT was the BEST party EVER. I think they were right. :)
Oh yes, and all of this happened while I was fighting the flu. SO fun. :)
But honestly, it makes me so happy to see my children leading out in all things good. I love that friends flock to my children because they all want to be their friends. They are good, kind, natural born leaders who I am training to be on the Lord's battalion. We are all on the Lord's side, even the police who were so kind to come to our party. :) :) :) :)



No comments:
Post a Comment