When the new changes for the Children and Youth programs for the church were introduced on Sunday, I was very excited. I love everything about our amazing church and whenever there are adjustments made, it proves to me in yet another amazing way, just how much our Heavenly Father loves us, cares about us, and really wants us to be happy while we are here on earth, AND just how much He wants to help us on our journey in returning home to Him.
As we are quickly approaching General Conference this weekend, I decided to take advantage of this perfect timing and held a FHE lesson where we discussed the new changes, and how setting personal goals and striving to improve ourselves because WE want to, will bring us closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I really felt the spirit as I testified to my children about these important truths.
We decided to take the 4 categories given to us on Sunday (spiritual, social, physical, and intellectual), and set 5 personal goals in each of those categories, and then we will each listen to General Conference with those goals in mind, and a prayer in our hearts of just which ONE Heavenly Father wants us to begin working on FIRST.
I love that this directly affects and involves my children both in becoming better at seeking personal revelation, but also in giving them a genuine and personal reason to seek that revelation as they listen to our sweet prophet and other church leaders.
I honestly feel that the timing of this couldn't have been more perfect.
I also love how our home centered and church supported learning will connect Come Follow Me with this personal mission for the children and youth to set and achieve their goals "at home" while they are increasing in the spirit, and not necessarily because someone else wants them to.
I can truly see the wisdom and the blessings that will come from this and it makes my heart grow in excitement, motivation for good, and in LOVE for helping these sweet souls that have been left in my care to learn the pathway home.

No comments:
Post a Comment