Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, October 7, 2019

An Unforgettable Conference Weekend


 This conference weekend was just amazing from start to finish! As it always is...
I woke up early Saturday morning and went on a crisp morning run and it was just beautiful! The air was chilly and cooler than the water in the river making a light mist over the water. I found the peace and tranquility of the morning that I always love in my morning run. It was a great beginning to my day.

Also, my sweet ministering sister brought me a conference notebook along with a little treat that I loved! It had interesting facts about each of the 12 apostles and a place to take notes when they spoke...AND pumpkin spice M&M's! YUM! :)
 And then the very BEST part of conference was my short and sweet surprise visit from my very best childhood and beyond forever friend Nicole and her girls!!!! Seriously. This was such a sweet and unexpected highlight to my whole weekend!
They had a couple of days to get away, and so they took a little road trip just to come and see little old ME!!! They arrived on Saturday evening right in time to slip into their Sunday dresses and then we headed over to my church building where together we watched the broadcast of the Women's session of General Conference!!!
 I will never forget this session because of the array of deep emotions that I felt while sitting there in that meeting. I felt so happy and grateful to be with my own little girl, and with Nicole and her girls...Nicky and I sat intently listening to the speakers, but at the same time I was locked arm in arm with her and just feeling so grateful for the lasting and loving friendship that we share. There are not too many people anywhere that you can grow up with, go through everything good and bad with together on the planet, not see each other for years, and then pick right back up where you left off since the last time you saw each other...
It is truly a special bond and one that I will always treasure both now and into the eternities.

I loved the sweet messages that inspired me to be better and increase my abilities as an individual, a wife, and a mother, and I LOVED the new young women's theme and that President Nelson was sweet enough to announce the 8 new temples to us sisters in our meeting! That has never been done before and I really felt an added measure of Heavenly Father's and our prophets deep love for the sisters of the church.

After the meeting was over we took a few pictures and headed over to Sodalicious for a drink and a cookie! 
Kinley, Kambriella, Brielle, Nicole and I all had such a fun time driving in the car, sitting in the shop, and talking about all of the fun things that girls talk about. ;)
 I loved that drink and cookie so much that I might have to start making that a weekly tradition like Nicky and her girls do...:)
After we finished our cookies and drinks, we hopped into the car and headed over to Bahama Bucks for one of Nicky's favorite treats! I LOVED that we went from one treat shop to another!!! :) NOT your typical night out for any of us girls...but ALL the fun no less! ;)
 After returning back home and getting into our comfy's, we talked and talked, and then took a few of our traditional "pick me up" pictures! :) We seem to take this photo every time we get together now and I love it! I just wonder how old we will be when we are no longer able to "pick each other up??"
Hopefully it will be in a really long time and we will be really, really old. :)
 We went to bed and tried to get a little sleep since Nicole and her girls were going to be leaving early the next morning to drive back home...Brielle and Kinley slept in the girls beds and Nicole took the spare bedroom.
We woke up early and talked some more over breakfast and we didn't want them to leave. :)
 I love that these girls love my girls and that they are such good examples for them to look up to! I also love that I am someone special to them and in their lives. I feel like these girls were spirits that we knew well before we came to earth, and that we are simply living up to our promises to love and to care for each other here...I love that Nicole and I decided to name our girls after each other, and that they take pride in that name. I love that these girls have high standards and love the gospel and their family just like my girls do. I love that every time I see Nicky and her girls we ALL feel loved. Especially ME. 
 And I love that Nicole is sensitive enough to shed her tears of love for both of us since half the time my tear ducts don't work anyways!!! :) And I love that even though my house was a disaster with preparing for the move, that they didn't even care. They love me truly and unconditionally just like true friends should and I LOVE them!!! I know that we will always be there for each other and that we will always have each other's backs NO MATTER WHAT! And I LOVE that they made my conference weekend SPECIAL, MEMORABLE, and UNFORGETTABLE!!!  
I LOVE you Nicole, Kinley, and Brielle!
Thank you for taking the time to come and see me and for LOVING ME!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!
XOXOXOXO

No comments: