This little sweetie went to her first day of preschool with April today!!!
She was so happy and excited and looked so cute in her new little outfit! :)
And wearing her back pack made her look so big yet so tiny...
We chose a Princess Belle back pack because she is the "smart" princess that is always found reading a book! ;) Plus, she has dark hair like Kesslyn, and reminds us of Kierra because it is HER favorite princess too! ;)
I had to have Carew take her for me since I needed to be with my mom up at the LDS Hospital in Salt Lake at the same time as her preschool...My sweet mom had to have an endoscopic procedure and some biopsies done to determine the precancerous state of a part of her colon.
She was not excited about the procedure, and had to be sedated which means she couldn't drive herself home...plus, I really wanted to be there for her for moral support. She has dealt with some pretty stressful health issues and with my dad not here, I feel like I need to give her all of the support that I can.
Yesterday at the same time as my mom's procedure was a solar eclipse! There has not been another one like it in 99 years!!! I never got any glasses to try to look at the sun because I knew I wouldn't be in a position to view it at the time it would take place...My mom was just coming out of her procedure as the sun was "eclipsing" and many of the hospital staff must have planned their breaks around it because those that could, went outside with their glasses to see.
As all of this was going on, the nurse asked me to drive our car around to the front of the hospital so that it would be close for my mom to get to. As I was walking to the parking garage I noticed the shadows that were cast through the trees from the eclipse...the little shapes that it made looked like tiny mirrored images of what was taking place! I felt excited to be able to witness something beautiful and unique even though I didn't actually look at the sun. ;)
Later on our way home from the hospital my mom and I stopped for lunch since my mom had been fasting since the day before and felt like soup sounded good. We stopped at Kneaders and enjoyed the peaceful afternoon and the quality time to talk...
Then, when I got home I started helping Carew with his mission prep process! THIS is a BIG job because we have started cleaning out his room and all of things that he does not want to keep while he is gone or that he doesn't want to worry about when he gets back...my little boy is growing up and I just don't know what I am going to do...he started giving his animated dinosaurs to Kesslyn and his LEGOS to his brothers, and his NERF guns to the D. I. and WOW...what an eye opener for a mom...
When Clint got home, we ate dinner together, sang old 80's songs with Carew, and then took some time for our Family Home Evening for Clint to give the kids a Father's blessing before they start school...this is ALWAYS such a neat experience for me...
I feel such gratitude for my husband who is worthy to use the priesthood to bless our children, and the things that they are blessed with I KNOW are for their individual needs, and Heavenly Father knows them best.
It also makes me appreciate each of the little human beings that we are raising. For their growth and accomplishments, and how much LOVE they bring into our home.
Kesslyn was too tired to stay up for the blessings so she will get hers later, and Carew decided he wanted to wait a little while longer so he can get one a little closer to when he will be leaving...Which by the way is in only 2 WEEKS!!! Time, where have you gone??? Why can't you slow down just a tiny bit??? I'm trying sooo hard to relish each tender moment of this life. I hope I NEVER wish any of the time away...each moment is truly a gift to me.
I LOVE my family!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment