Yesterday I sprained my ankle..;(...and it hurt soooo bad! So I laid on the couch all morning long and then finally got up the courage to go and try to accomplish the things that I needed to get done for the day.
(Like preparing for Dallin's birthday!)
Kesslyn and I went to the grocery store and to Scheel's to get birthday gifts, and things to make a cake, and we rode around the stores together in the electric shopping carts! (Yes, the same ones that you see all of the old people riding in...yes, that was me and Kesslyn.;) We took a picture in the elevator at Scheel's riding in the cart, and I thought a lot about how people in this circumstance permanently might feel. People were kind, and some people stared, but Kesslyn was in heaven, and I was grateful for the modern conveniences that are in place to help people...but really I just kept a prayer of gratitude in my heart all day long for my healthy body, and that I don't ever want to take it for granted. I am so grateful I am strong and healthy and able to care for myself and my family, and that with my healthy body I can try to "go about doing good" and try to serve and help others too.
Today my ankle is feeling much better, and I'm going to try much harder to look out for people who may be in different circumstances that just might need a smile, or a kind word, and to always be grateful for the gift of a strong and healthy body!

No comments:
Post a Comment