Heartstrings By Susette

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Gathering Heavenly Light

 I am excited to be going on this special journey to gather "heavenly light!"
Our stake Relief Society is putting on this wonderful program tomorrow, and each day leading up to it we have been challenged to participate in each of these events...
-A special fast
-Understanding the Relief Society Declaration
-Praying with a purpose
-Studying the scriptures
-Seeking Jesus
Today these scriptures are ringing in my heart:

D&C 33: 17-18
17 Wherefore, be faithful, praying always, having your lamps trimmed and burning, and oil with you, that you may be ready at the coming of the Bridegroom—18 For behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, that I come quickly. Even so. Amen.
D&C 45: 57 
57 For they that are wise and have received the truth, and have taken the Holy Spirit for their guide, and have not been deceived—verily I say unto you, they shall not be hewn down and cast into the fire, but shall abide the day.
D&C 133: 10
10 Yea, let the cry go forth among all people: Awake and arise and go forth to meet the Bridegroom; behold and lo, the Bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Prepare yourselves for the great day of the Lord.
I am excited for tomorrow too for the culmination of this event, a musical parable, and hopefully a spirit filled room that will touch and move hearts. I know mine will be.
I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and my Savior and Heavenly Father. I am grateful for the companionship of the Spirit and the love and light I feel and see in my life because f them. I am truly blessed and grateful beyond measure. I am seeking Jesus, and am excited for Him to come!

No comments: