Over the weekend Clint spent a good 3 hours with his tractor plowing our snow filled driveway so that the scouts can go to our cabin for an overnight retreat this upcoming weekend.
We have gotten more snow this winter than I can remember in a long time, and with all of it piled up now it seems to be 5 feet or more of snow!
I watched Clint at work from inside the cabin and wished I could help him with his big job, so I made him a nice cup of "warm" chocolate :) Because if you know Clint, you would know that "hot" chocolate would be too hot...;)
I also learned after taking him his hot chocolate, that this was a chore that he was thoroughly enjoying, and that I shouldn't feel bad that I wasn't "helping!" ;)
He was having the time of his life, just like a little boy digging in the sand with a dump truck. ;)
He asked me if I wanted to try and drive, but I told him that he was doing a great job. ;) But I did climb up in the seat beside him and ride next to him for a little bit while he worked. It was a lot bumpier of a ride than it looked, that's for sure! But it was fun and satisfying watching him get the job done. I actually stood in the drive way for a long time watching him work, and I distinctly remember thinking to myself, "This ride of life we are on together is so much better than I ever dreamed it would be..."
I knew it would be great...but being with him is literally the BEST.



No comments:
Post a Comment