Heartstrings By Susette

Thursday, March 7, 2019

A Little More Light :)

Yesterday my blog post was titled "Gathering Heavenly Light."
Today, my littlest angel is giving a whole new meaning to my day of "gathering heavenly light!"
Right when we arrived home from preschool and grocery shopping, she unbuckled and climbed up in the front of the car with me, found the button that opens the sun roof and asked, "Mommy, what does this do?"
I proceeded to open it and her eyes AND smile became SO wide!!! WOW!!! :)
She was so happy to find such a cool place, and to be able to see the pretty blue sky.
It has been raining off and on here for the past few days and the little break in the clouds was heartwarming for both of us, and we were both literally gathering in that "heavenly light."  :)

Yesterday I had helped set up for the stake Relief Society activity that is culminating tonight, and as I left the church parking lot, there was the biggest rainbow stretching across the sky! I tried to capture it in a picture, but it was just too big...but I do love what I did see, and again I was literally gathering in "heavenly light," just this time in a different way...;)
Then today, once again in preparation for the stake relief society activity that is taking place tonight, I had the desire to attend the temple again, and gather in yet a little more of that "heavenly light."
I had a neat experience sitting in a spirit filled room with other sisters who were there for their own various reasons, but as I prayed, visited, and even had the chance to help a sister that came in with a specific need, I felt an abundance of love from Heavenly Father, and I really did feel so much light in my life.
I testify that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the true and everlasting gospel here on the earth, and that daily gathering in of  "heavenly light" in whatever form you may need, will bring a great peace and understanding to life. I know who I am and what my purpose is, and when I keep that eternal focus I feel so happy.
I'm grateful for the temple, that I live SO close to so many, and that I have a knowledge, understanding, and a deep testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ.
I am grateful for ALL of the heavenly light that He shines down on me!

No comments: