Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, September 23, 2019

Happy Birthday to Me!

 After attending the Hale Center Theater play of "The Addams Family" on Friday with Clint, Tiffany, Colby, and Kambriella, we went out to dinner to celebrate my birthday at a new Napolian Pizza restaurant! 
It was delicious!
 We ate pizza, had banana, berry, and Nutella calzones for dessert, and tried our best to imitate Lurch's only smile that he did in the play...
He was my favorite character and made me laugh... :)
 Then on my actual birthday yesterday, my sweet little girls made me a birthday cake all by themselves!
 (With a tiny bit of help from dad...:)
 I can't believe I'm 43! In my mind I should still only be about 21...(But then I guess that would make it pretty impossible for my oldest child to BE 21...Hmmm...
 It was a good day full of meetings and church, and honestly some of my favorite parts of the day were doing absolutely nothing...sitting and holding Clint's hand in sacrament meeting, having my sisters sing Happy Birthday to me in relief society, going on a family walk in the Autumn air, and talking to my sweet sister Cynthia and my children on the phone.
With being so busy with packing and getting ready to move, I feel like doing nothing for a minute is a luxury!
 Finally at about 10:00 at night after Clint's family had stopped by to visit, we cut the cake and called it a night. I fell asleep in Clint's arms with a smile on my face and in my heart because I'm just so grateful for this wonderful life. I am in love with this family and life that Heavenly Father has blessed me with, and each day I get with them is a gift...Happy Birthday to ME!!!

No comments: