Heartstrings By Susette

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Mourn With Those That Mourn

Yesterday was probably a pretty typical Wednesday for most people, but for my friends who lost their beautiful baby girl to SIDS on this day 6 years ago, it represented a day of heartache and sadness that kept both of them home from work, in their pajamas, and literally "hiding" from the world. 
When I showed up on their front porch with these gorgeous roses and hugs for everyone, it really meant something to them.
Tina said, "I can't believe you remembered" and "No one has said anything, and "It really means a lot."
As she fought back her emotions, we sat and talked for over an hour.
We laughed and caught up and "mourned together."

Mosiah 18:9 
9 Yea, and are awilling to mourn with those that bmourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as cwitnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the dfirst resurrection, that ye may have eternal life.

I am grateful for sweet friends and opportunities to grow closer to each other, just as the Savior would want us to. I would never want to experience some of the trials that others face, but I do want to be with them in their darkest hour to help them to see the light and to feel the love of God. I am grateful for the Holy Ghost who guides, teaches, and inspires us and helps us to do the Lord's work, and I truly know that we can be "His hands."

No comments: