This weekend has been an interesting one full of "firsts."
And "first" of all I would like to wish a happy birthday to my first born son...
Happy Happy Birthday Carew!!! ;)
Today we will celebrate Carew by opening up and blowing up those 4 large boxes that Clint couldn't wait to give him yesterday...4 large hamster balls!!! You know, the ones you climb inside of and ram into each other with??!! I just wonder who will be the first one crying...(and will she take it personally if you know who I mean...;)
We will go outside, go to Scheels, have sushi for dinner, and eat birthday cake too! :)
Maybe even end the day with a movie in the basement. ;)
What we will NOT be doing is going to the Jazz vs. Lakers game that was originally the plan, since the coronavirus has shut down the NBA for a while.
Which brings me to more of the "firsts" that we experienced as a family this weekend.
The president of the United States announced that the coronavirus is a world wide pandemic.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints announced a worldwide suspension of all church meetings due to the coronavirus and trying to take preventative measures in the spreading of the virus.
On Friday Governor Herbert announced a mandatory preventative shut down of all schools in Utah. And the shelves at all of the grocery stores are more bare than I have ever seen in my lifetime.
These are interesting times and I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Through times of economic and social uncertainty, I feel so much peace.
Yesterday was the first time ever that I participated in a "virtual" ward council meeting from the comfort of my own home. Through the blessing of modern technology, 11 members of the ward council were able to meet in a Zoom classroom and carry on and conduct necessary things to help our ward family function and still be taken care of. It was a modern day miracle that I got to be a part of!
We also held (with authorization from our bishop) our very first ever Sacrament meeting at home.
The Spirit was strong.
I had so much gratitude in my heart for the Priesthood and for ALL of the boys in my family who dressed in their Sunday best and prepared, blessed, and passed the sacrament to everyone in our family.
We had a program where everyone participated and we learned and grew together.
It wasn't perfect.
I think we'll get better as we go,
but the most important thing was that we were able to renew our covenants and keep it sacred and special.
These times are different, but I am looking at them as a blessing and a gift.
What a better time than now to be able to have a few weeks right before general conference to spend some extra quality time with the ones you love the most (with a TOTALLY FREE schedule!)
No games, school, or extra activities to worry about.
And all the time in the world to spend on things that matter most.
I am grateful for this "silver lining" to the virus that has the world worried...
I have a testimony that Heavenly Father loves us and is mindful of us, and that we will be better and stronger people because of this experience, and because I am prepared, I am not afraid!

No comments:
Post a Comment