Heartstrings By Susette

Friday, March 27, 2020

Onward Christian Soldier

 The church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints has temporarily closed all of their temples world wide as of today. This is a result of the COVID-19 pandemic that is affecting people everywhere...
As I went on my run this morning, I decided that I wanted to run to the temple, simply because even the sight of the temple brings me so much peace.
On my run I listened to a talk given by Russell M. Nelson that inspired my mind with 3 distinct thoughts:

1) The more we come to know someone the more we love them. 
President Nelson has been a heart surgeon and studied peoples hearts for many years. I believe this knowledge adds to his already deep love for others, but his love is intensified by his deep knowledge of people and literally what is inside of their hearts. Heavenly Father's love goes even deeper than we can comprehend because He knows His children intimately, including their divine make up of their body and spirit.

2) Through trials great and small, including global pandemic, we are Christ's battalion and all who are willing must continue moving forward with faith, hope, and determination to "win the fight."
"Like a mighty army moves the church of God;
Brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod.
We are not divided; All one body we;
On in hope and doctrine, one in charity.
Onward Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before."

3) Heavenly Father is very aware of what is happening right now in each of our lives.
As some of His children are called home daily, He moves forward with His plan, and not OUR plan. Sometimes I forget that people who move on to the other side of the veil, are moving on to a happy and pain free place, and not all is sad or lost. Although those who are left behind experience that sad feeling of loss...bringing His children "home" is another part of the plan, and preparing for the day when we will see Him again should be a good thing whether we see Him when we go there, or if it is when He comes here again...

These thoughts that came to my mind while I was running and listening to this talk were very comforting to me and I wanted to record them so that in times of hardship or trial, I can be comforted again and know that Heavenly Father is VERY aware...very aware of me, and of all of His children throughout the world.
This Sunday, March 29, 2020, our family will be participating in a world wide fast for relief from the virus that has shut down the world.
I am excited and grateful to be able to participate in this inspired act that shows through our faith and asking, Heavenly Father can perform miracles.
I love the temple and can't wait until it's open again. But, until then, I will move forward in the fight.

No comments: