Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, March 23, 2020

Our First Hike of Spring

 Saturday morning was chilly and beautiful and so it called for our family getting out and going on a hike! 
Our first spring hike of the year.
 We drove to the parking lot  of Bell's Canyon trail head and found about a bazillion cars there! It seems everyone had our same "good idea" for a hike that day, so we turned around and drove just a little ways down the road to a less traveled spot called the Rocky Mouth Waterfall trail head. 
It was perfect! We only saw 2 other people the whole time we were out hiking. :)
 It was a short and simple hike, perfect for our little 4 year old, and the small amount of time we had to venture out (before we all had to head in to Clint's work).
 I loved seeing the earth "waking up" from it's long winter's nap. The mossy rocks were so beautiful along with the trees, cave, and the waterfall that we saw...
 With the corona virus looming in the world and having to be home as much as possible, we really enjoy being outside and breathing in the fresh air. I think it did everyone some good to be out there.
 I love that my kids also love hiking and exploring in nature. The brothers always seem to venture off to the highest point they can climb to. ;)
 And I also love how important and special they make Kambriella feel when they take the time to let her join them on their adventures, even though she is so much younger than they are.
 Kesslyn was a little uneasy with the heights, but we all helped her along and eased her fears.
 The waterfall was small and so we were able to get right up by it for a picture! I'm sure that once all of the snow begins to melt off  it will definitely get bigger though. :)
 I love listening to the conversations that happen while we are all out as well. As we began heading back down the mountain I smiled and snapped this picture of everyone as they were talking and laughing. I felt so happy being out there with my family. :)
 Kambriella scaled the same tall rocks that her brothers had on the way up...that little girl is amazing and motivated and I know she is going to do great things. She was sent here for a reason, that I know.
 Dallin scooped Kesslyn up onto his shoulders on the way down and turned her concerns into smiles and laughter. That makes me so happy as a mom to see my children loving each other!
 As we approached the end of the trail, I looked out over the valley where we live and awed in it's beauty. I could see 2 temples off in the distance, lots of mountains, and an absolutely gorgeous big blue sky.
It was a beautiful day for a hike with the ones I love!

No comments: