Heartstrings By Susette

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Time to Put It Away

I love how cozy our home feels at Christmas! But I also love the fresh feeling of getting it all put away and getting our home clean and organized for the start of a new year. I usually leave Christmas up to enjoy for a while after the holiday is gone, but after the way the holidays went last year with Clint's mom's battle with cancer, I feel like it's time to take it all down.
One of my favorite things is our wall of Christmas cards! I LOVE checking the mail in December and seeing the faces of family and friends, that we most of the time don't hear from the rest of the year...people that we used to live by, or grew up with, or touched our lives for a particular moment in time, never to be forgotten...
Their smiles and friendship are a warm reminder of what is most important at Christmas...people!
I take down the cards and put most of them into a scrap book. Friendships and relationships are so important to me and I am so grateful for all of the people that have touched my life over the years and helped me to feel of God's love.

 

No comments: